Schedule an Advising Appointment
How to Schedule an Advising Meeting
Types of Jayhawk GPS Advising Appointments
*Please note you will be able to choose virtual (Zoom or Phone) or in-person*
- Admission/ Readmission
- Choose this category to talk about returning to KU
- Enrollment/ Holds
- Choose this category to talk about any semester's enrollment, or if you have a hold *if you aren't sure, or just want to talk with your advisor, default to this category*
- Financial Aid/ Progress (1 hour long)
- Choose this category if you need a SAP appeal or additional information for Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Graduation (Seniors)
- Choose this category if you are wanting to talk about graduating and are within 3 semesters of doing so
- Probation/ GPA Concerns (1 hour long)
- Choose this category if you are concerned with your GPA or need to complete an Academic Action Plan
- Semester Planning (1 hour long)
- Choose this category for creating a graduation or term-by-term plan for graduation
Advising Appointment Prep Checklist
Schedule an appointment in advance of your enrollment date. You should receive an email from the University Registrar with your enrollment assignment (usually late September for spring and early March for summer/fall). You can always reference your enrollment assignment in Enroll & Pay.
Review your Degree Progress Report (DPR) and make sure your record is up to date. If you have completed transfer work, send it to KU Admissions prior to your appointment. If you have questions about anything on your record, bring these to your appointment.
Check for any enrollment holds you may have and work to resolve these prior to your meeting. You should receive an email if you have a hold, but you can also find your hold information in Enroll & Pay.
Come with a list of courses you are interested in taking. Check the Schedule of Classes to see what is available and start building your schedule
Think of any additional questions you may have about your experiences at KU. Plan to study abroad or participate in research? If you have questions about any additional experiences you’d like to get involved with our academic advisors can help get you started!
Review your past Jayhawk GPS Appointment Notes/Reports. You can access those in Jayhawk GPS.