Fall 2021 Graduation Information
Information for Fall 2021 College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Grads
PLEASE read thoroughly for important information on finishing your degree. If one or more of these requirements are not met, your degree may not be granted. Please check your KU email regularly for alerts regarding important steps or missing paperwork. **DUE TO CONTINUALLY EVOLVING CIRCUMSTANCES RELATED TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, ALL DATES/DEADLINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE REACH OUT TO YOUR ADVISOR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.**
- Apply for graduation in Enroll & Pay by July 2, 2021 to receive an early graduation check. The final deadline to apply for fall 2021 graduation is November 1, 2021. If your academic plans change after you apply for graduation please notify College Advising & Student Services, email@example.com, or call 785-864-3500. Instructions to apply for graduation are available on the Registrar's website. Please apply for graduation for the term you plan to FINISH your degree requirements.
- Final advising appointment:Schedule an appointment with your major and/or minor advisor to be certain you’re enrolled in all courses needed to complete all of your outstanding graduation requirements. You may need to receive official approvals from your major or minor department and/or complete paperwork to ensure your eligibility to graduate. You should have your final graduation advising appointment before the first day of spring classes.
Do any of the following apply to you? You are responsible for meeting the following deadlines:
- Study Abroad Paperwork and Petitions
- If you have completed a study abroad program, it is beneficial for you to complete the necessary paperwork so your coursework posts before your last semester. You should not wait to petition a general education requirement in your last semester. Waiting to take action with either of these may delay your graduation.
- May 1, 2021
- Incomplete Grades
- If you are finishing an incomplete to fulfill graduation requirements, your instructor must submit your grade to the Office of the University Registrar.
- Any remaining Incompletes on your academic record will be calculated as an “F”. As of Fall ’09, Incomplete grades will be converted to an “F” one year after the incomplete is assigned or upon graduation. If either causes your KU GPA or KU Major Junior/Senior GPA to drop below a 2.0, your degree will not be granted.
- Dec. 27, 2021
- Transfer Credit
- If you are taking courses at another institution to complete graduation requirements, your official transcript must be received by the Office of Admissions & Scholarships,1502 Iowa Street, Lawrence, KS 66045. A minimum grade of C must be earned for a course to transfer to KU.
- If you have concerns about transfer work, please contact your graduation advisor.
- It is YOUR responsibility to provide official transcripts. Transcripts received after the deadline can delay your degree completion term.
- Jan. 13, 2022
- Honors Intent Forms
- If you are pursuing departmental honors, complete an Honors Intent Form which must be signed by your honors advisor. Submit the form to College Advising & Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org (If you do not meet the deadline, you will not be listed in the spring commencement program)
- Nov. 1, 2021
Recognition Ceremony : The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Fall 2021 graduation ceremony is tentatively planned for December 12, 2021 at the Lied Center. If you’ve applied for Fall 2021 graduation, you will receive an invitation via an email in November. Please note: the fall recognition ceremony is currently tentative due to the ever-evolving circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Please watch your email for details.
Diploma: If you’ve applied for graduation, the Office of the University Registrar automatically places an order for your original (first) diploma for you to pick up in person at the KU Visitor Center (bring a picture ID). You may request your diploma be mailed to you instead by placing a diploma delivery request in Enroll & Pay. Information on diplomas can be found on the Registar's Diploma website.