• Home
  • Academics
  • Enrollment


Still deciding what classes to take next semester? Need help enrolling? We’re here to help! Take a look at what classes are being offered in the current semester by clicking here.

Have you declared your major?

If you’ve already declared your major, you should have an advisor in your department who can help you make sure you stay on track for graduation. Need help finding your advisor in your department? You can refer here or contact us at 785-864-3500 or drop by 109 Strong Hall if you have questions!

Are you exploring your options?

As a student in the College, you have the opportunity to explore countless topics. We encourage you to take classes in as many different subject areas as you can to help you decide your major. If you’re unsure of what classes to take, an advisor can help you decide what classes might be best for you. If you have not decided on a major yet, please click here for exploritory advising information.

Have a hold?

If you have an academic hold, please refer to the information below on how to take care of the hold so you can enroll.  If you have questions, your assigned advisor would be happy to assist.

College Advising Holds

Advising: Welcome (ADV_WELC)
All new students in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences receive this hold during their first semester.  We want students to meet with their assigned advisors to help set advising expectations. Students should continue to learn about their Degree Progress Report, Schedule of Classes and plan for at least the next semester. 

How to remove:  Schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor.

Advising: Crossroads (ADV_CSRD)
Admission into your program of choice is essential to being successful at KU.  Students that have not been admitted into a major or school will receive this hold if they should be checking in with an advisor or may not be on track for admission.

Gain admission into your school/major of choice or meet with an advisor to discuss admission requirements.

If you are unable to be admitted at this time or are still exploring your academic path you will need to meet with an advisor in the program you are hoping to enter or your assigned academic advisor. You may need to bring proof of your meeting to 109 Strong Hall for the hold to be removed if your advisor is unable to remove it.

Advising: Department Hold (ADV_CDPT)
Not all students will receive this hold.  It is reserved for students that are pursuing a major in a specific department that require a meeting for curriculum purposes.

How to remove: Follow the instructions listed within the email communication.

Probation (PRB)
All students that are on academic notice, placed on probation or are continuing on probation must meet with their assigned advisor to fill out an Academic Action Plan.

How to remove: Schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor to fill out your Academic Action Plan. 

After completing the Academic Action Plan with your advisor your enrollment hold will be removed within two business days.

Enrollment Hold Information Outside of the College