What is a certificate and why should I get one?
KU offers a wide variety of Experiential Learning Programs and Certificates that offer fantastic opportunities for undergraduate students. Whether you're looking to build your resume, gain hands-on experience, or take your education beyond the classroom, KU has got you covered. All completed certificates will be notated on your academic transcript.
There are two main types of certificates here at KU: the experiential learning certificate where you are doing classwork and hands-on experience and the classroom certificate where you are taking about 4 classes to further your understanding on a particular subject.
If you are earning a BGS degree, you have the option to earn two certificates (anything listed below) as your second area of study.
(from the Undergraduate Advising Center; https://advising.ku.edu/special-programs-certificates)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Creative and Analytical Writing
- Undergraduate Certificate in Critical Thinking and Writing
- Undergraduate Certificate in Writing
For other certificates offered throughout the university, please visit the following links:
- Undergraduate Certificate in Architecture Acoustics (ARCH Students Only)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Book Arts (Design Students Only)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Bioengineering (Engineering Students Only)
- Arts Engagement Certificate
- Certificate in Professional Selling
- Certificate in Service Learning
- Entrepreneurship Certificate
- Global Awareness Program
- Leadership Engagement Certificate
- Research Experience Program
- Sustainability Certificate (No longer excepting new students, current students can finish their certificate)