The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences is pleased to announce several scholarships and awards available to students pursuing a major in the College. We invite you to take advantage of this opportunity by submitting an online application. Brief descriptions of the scholarships and awards can be found below.
- Betty Wahlstedt Student Memorial Scholarship
For outstanding undergraduates majoring in Psychology, Sociology or Anthropology.
- Hilden Gibson Scholarship
For outstanding juniors who are studying in the social sciences, preparing to enter their senior year.
- John Ise Award
For outstanding undergraduates majoring in Economics, Political Science, History, or Sociology.
- Paul B. Lawson Scholarship
For outstanding juniors preparing to enter their senior year.
- Van Eekeren Family Scholarship
For undergraduates with GPA between 2.5 and 3.2 and no withdrawals.
- Veta B. Lear Award
For a freshman who has earned a 4.0 in his/her first semester at KU. This is awarded as a credit to the KU Bookstore.
How To Apply:
- Navigate to ku.academicworks.com.
- Click the red sign in button at the top right.
- Sign in with your KU credentials.
- Complete the General Application if you have not done so already. It is simply typing your name and today’s date.
- Once you have completed the general application then click here to complete the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Scholarships & Awards Application.
- Click the red apply button at the bottom right corner.
- You will apply for all of the above awards/scholarships with one application. The system will then automatically match you with those in which you are eligible
- Complete and submit your application.
All application materials are due by 5 p.m. on March 26, 2021.
Please provide this information to your references: References are asked, in an online form, to provide information about how long the reference writer has known the applicant and in what capacity; and to rate the applicant on intellectual ability, analytical and problem solving skills, and work ethic. Additional written comments are limited to 300 words. The reference is due at the same time as the application, March 26, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Schwien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application!