What is CASS?
CASS (College Advising & Student Services) serves as the dean's representative for undergraduate academic administration in the College. This means that CASS is responsible for:
- providing advising services to help students meet their educational goals
- developing and enforcing policies
- certifying degrees
- guiding academic departments
- supporting faculty governance processes
- advocating on behalf of our students
- connecting with our community to engage them in the KU educational experience
- communicating the value of a liberal arts and sciences degree to our constituents
CASS accomplishes these responsibilities through these shared values:
- acknowledging the immense importance of respect in our interactions with our students, our colleagues, and each other.
- employing a collaborative approach in resolving problems and in developing innovations.
- exhibiting a dedication to the learning outcomes of our students and in the educational experience here at KU.
- believing that both personal and collective integrity are critical to success in meeting our mission.
- relying upon each other to share our collective expertise to achieve excellence in providing exemplary services to our University community.